Monday, March 10, 2014

Oh La La! Paris!!

Monday, March 10, 2014
Every year the Lafayette House here in Joplin hosts a charity auction and fashion show and every year (except last year....I was 2 weeks late and expecting labor any minute) I have donated art cookies for it.

The last time I donated cookies there was a project runway contestant that was a guest speaker.  So I made designer dresses that were super fun.  I mean serious cuteness.

Well this year the theme was Paris.....and I didn't exactly feel like doing fashion again (not that I don't love doing fashion cookies...I would do them all day long!!)  Something about Paris was speaking to me.... the romance of it.  The history, decadence and beauty of old Europe....and ya know...all the girly stuff I could get away with.

So this years auction had these:



I'm not going to lie when I say I LOVE THEM.  I know...doting on myself...but I haven't made cookies in like 6 months and this was my first run back...and it clicked.  I was so afraid it wasn't!!



I threw it all at it.  Airbrushing, hand painting, gold, edible crystals, ribbon roses, stenciling, a little disco dust (wish you could see it on the chandelier...it's beautiful)....

These are more of art piece cookies.

Speaking of stencils, I got all my stencils for this project from The Cookie Countess's Etsy Shop.  All I can tell you is how impressed I am with her work, her designs are gorgeous, her work is flawless, she got them to me super fast and I ADORE them!!  ( And her too)



Ah Paris....I've never been there.  Always wanted to, but wanted to go as maybe a Canadian.....so they will forgive my horrible french and perhaps overlook my slightly southern accent (of which isn't actually as thick as it could be ya know).


I guess I'm intimidated by the French...they all seem so......foreign.....to a southern gal like me.

I never actually know how the cookies go off at the auction.  No one ever tells me.  But I hope they made a bit of cash for the charity and helped out a great cause.

On another note tho....Ali is BACK BABY!!!









11 comments:

Unknown said...

What a stunning set!! These are just gorgeous! Welcome back :D

Anne said...

What a beautiful set of cookies! Did you use a stencil for the Eiffel Tower? If so, where did you get it? Glad you're back and feeling better!

IFeelCook said...

These cookies are so lovely!!! And the dresses were super cute too :)

SweetSugarBelle said...

These are just dreamy! And the "pops" of color are just make me swoon. I love your brain. You never ever cease to amaze me!

Unknown said...

Ali is back.....and as fabulous and incredible as always.

I love this set. And I'm so happy that you were able to break out all the stops and do what you love so much. :)

Big hugs to you, friend. ♥

Melissa said...

Welcome back! Gorgeous cookie set.

Unknown said...

Yay!!!! Ali is back!! My jaw dropped upon seeing these. Ali, your artistry and mastery of cookie decorating and design never cease to take my breath away. These are stunning!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful biscuits, they are amazing! You have a true talent! How do you do the gold icing, I have never seen icing so metallic before, it really sets off the paris theme.

Anonymous said...

I love these more than should be allowed! GORGEOUS!! I wish I was there so I could be a bidder.

Jordan Hansen said...

These are beyond gorgeous! I'm about to donate some sugar cookies for an auction as well, and am still trying to figure out what to do :)

Blue Sugar Cookie Co. said...

Stunning!! Especially love the framed Eiffel Tower!

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios