Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Creamy Stovetop Mac And Cheese

Wednesday, March 12, 2014
I love Macaroni and Cheese...but don't hand me a blue box.  My kids love it but me....I like a Mac and Cheese that's a little more grown up.  More flavor.

I LOVE cheese.  Like REALLY LOVE it.  I have three food vices.  Red Wine, Cheese and Chocolate.  All I would need to be happy.

I have other vices too....like yarn....and make up....and jewlry....and shoes.....

Those are entirely different posts....and have nothing to do with mac and cheese....because I can still buy them all after I eat so much of this I get fat.  Haha!




I used some more adult cheeses with a stronger flavor profile.....and fancy bacon too y'all!!

Creamy Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese

16 oz box of shells or elbow Macaroni
6 oz cubed pancetta
6 oz Sharp Aged White Cheddar, shredded
2 oz (1/4c) Marscapone Cheese
4 oz Provolone Cheese. shredded
1/2 stick salted butter
2 cups milk
2 TBSP flour
Tobasco
chives (optional)
Parmesan

In a non stick pan, cook the pancetta.  Once crisp, let sit on a plate covered in a paper towel till cool.

Cook the noodles according to package directions.  Drain and set aside

In the same pot you cooked the noodles (but not with the noodles in it), melt the butter.  Add the flour and whisk to form a roux.  Cook for one minute (we don't want a dark roux.....just a t thickener.)  Add the milk and bring to a low boil and let thicken slightly.  Remove from heat and add Marscapone.  Whisk till creamy.  Add the rest of the cheese (the Cheddar and the Provolone) and whisk till smooth.  Add some Tobasco to taste. (Not too much).  Add noodles.  The sauce will thicken as it cools.

Serve up the macaroni in ramakins or small bowls and top with parmesan, pancetta and chives.

Enjoy!!


1 comments:

Kris (SoCuteCookies) said...

Yum! Can't wait to try it.. I love mac and cheese too...

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios