Friday, September 20, 2013

Double Chocolate Cookies

Friday, September 20, 2013
I like drop cookies...a lot.

I mean don't get me wrong...I love decorating...but there's something in the oh so instant gratification of just dropping dough on the cookie sheet and puting it in the oven.....

And then doin' NOTHING with it.

Ahhhhhh.....the simple life.


Ok so I couldn't leave them COMPLETELY alone....just a few...little eyeballs....

Anyway,  these cookies are AMAZING!  Like a delicious brownie. I kid you not.  The perfect texture, the perfect size, not cakey, not too dense, not too chewy...soft and light.... DELICIOUS.  And so easy to make!!!

Double Chocolate Cookies

1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
3/4 c dark brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
10 oz all purpose flour
1 oz Special Dark cocoa powder
1 little packet of Starbucks VIA Instant coffee
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips


Preheat your oven to 350
Mix your wet ingredients (through vanilla) together in a stand mixer with a paddle till well combined and fluffy.
Sift your dry ingredients together in a separate bowl (I just give them a good mix with a whisk)
Then add your dry to your wet in your mixer.  Mix until well combined.  Add chocolate chips.  Mix till well combined.

On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, drop spoon sized balls of dough.  I use a cookie scoop...Don't know what size it is...like not a melon baller but not an ice scream scoop or anythng..1.5 inch?  2 inch?  I dunno...Sorry can't be more specific there.

Go ahead and place them in your oven and cook for 8-9 minutes.  When you take them out they wont seem done, but don't fret.  Set them aside and they will set through.  Don't cook them any longer than 10 minutes or you wont get a soft brownie like cookie.


And that's all there is.  Eat em!!

Ya know this would be really good with walnuts too....


7 comments:

Elizabeth L in Apex, NC said...

Oh, yum. These are definitely happening this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Those eyeballs put them over the top but might add a big of chocolate icing first so they are assured of staying put. Thanks for the recipe.

Anne said...

I love to make drop cookies too and these look super yummy!

Nicole said...

Those are adorable and sound so yummy!

Cat Colbert said...

These cookies look delicious and I'd like to make them.
How much espresso powder would I use to replace the Star Bucks coffee? (It's what I have in my pantry.)
Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Cat

Tracy Hicks said...

Oh, my goodness! These brought the biggest smile to my face this morning! Not only that, they look delicious too! I look forward to trying them!

Sue said...

These look delicious and so cute! Because of the "cracks" in the cookies, some of them look like they're smiling:)

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios