Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Chocolate and White Halloween

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I really don't enjoy black icing.

I just don't.  So I try and use it as sparingly as humanly possible.

Well during my design session for this years Halloween cookies, I noticed quite a few designs that required black icing....and we're talking lots of black......

Me no likey that....

So here's what I did instead



Right so it's not exactly black but the general point is made.  And the best part about it....you only have to mix one icing color.  If that.  It's just white.  White icing on chocolate cookies.

Now I suppose I could have added more cocoa or a little bit of Americolor black to the dough to make it darker....yes, that would have been nice looking.  But I didn't....because I didn't think of it till after I baked them.  Crikey.

But still....for some fast and easy cookies...not too shabby.  I used a little bit of Americolor black mixed with some water and painted on my remaining details.  These were seriously fast...and fun too!!  I even put a little sanding sugar on my ghost and moon.

I will be posting the last of my Halloween cookies tomorrow...on Halloween.  Seems fitting.

Till tomorrow!!!





7 comments:

Just Ask Laura said...

Love how creative you got with just "black" and white. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

You're one smart lady! Love these!

Curtain Up Cookie Design said...

Great minds! :)
http://www.curtainupcookies.com/2012/10/happy-halloween-tales-from-hurricane.html

Anonymous said...

I love love love your cookies :)

Unknown said...

When I need black icing, I substitute some of the powdered sugar for cocoa powder to start with chocolate icing and then mix in a little black. Makes a true black and it tastes great.

Alison said...

yes, some people do that. I have tried it a few times before and it changes the consistency of my icing and it doesn't store as long. Which is why I don't do that. I'm just not a huge fan of black icing....but If I'm in a situation where I need to use a lot of black flood next time, perhaps I'll give it another shot.

Carole said...

These are fun!

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios