Now, I know that a very long time ago I talked about how I was going to go on a quest to lose weight but nothing really happened... since then a few things have happened:
1. Texas instated the cottage food law and business EXPLODED. Combined with my husbands sudden unemployment (don't worry he is gainfully employed now) - any "me time" went straight out the window.
2. We moved, and remodeled a tornado damaged house. Eating take-out for weeks? No thank you scale....
3. Since we moved, to Missouri, who has a cottage food law (run by county and not state)....we come to find that the county we live in doesn't allow home bakeries....bummer.
4. I quit selling cookies....that's right, I don't sell. Sorry. Take it up with Jasper county. Tho, I totally understand their laws and the reasoning behind them. And no, the health department didn't shut me down. I quit selling once we moved. I sure don't want to settle in to a new town and get on the wrong side of the law.
5. Sophie started pre pre-school. It's just two days a week for a couple hours...but she LOVES it. She told me yesterday that she wants to go to school 3 times a week instead of two. Cute kid. :)
6. I suddenly have "me time" again for the first time in years....
So I really have run out of excuses....
I've done Weight Watchers before....but I never stick to it. My mom, my mother-in-law, a couple friends and I have banded together this time to form a support network. And while they are still tackling it Weight Watchers style...I have strayed....
This is why Weight Watchers has never clicked for me. I think Weight Watchers is a wonderful plan. If you stick to it it really does work. It is a lifestyle change and not a diet. Their support system is great and it works for a ton of people. Jennifer Hudson is looking GREAT these days. However, I always want to do my own thing and make Weight Watchers fit into it instead of just sticking to the plan.
I studied Nutrition in college. So I have these ideas and notions in my head about nutrient ratios and vitamins and caloric goals....and when i look at Weight Watchers all I see is points...it's like it isn't complicated enough for me. I don't see the nutrients... When i was in college I would use dietetic analysis software to track EVERYTHING! And I was never in better shape.
So I was Googling the effects of melatonin on endocrine disorders (yes, this is how I spend my free time. Self professed NERD here) and I came across a discussion on SparkPeople and I'm like what the hey is SparkPeople??....
You guys! It's like FREE dietetic software!! I'm in heaven! And never felt more in control of my weight loss. I started tracking and can you believe I have been calorie DEFICIENT? I'm not eating enough to lose weight! Would never have guessed that was coming. Anyway, it's pretty awesome. And since I started 2 weeks ago I have already lost 3.5 lbs and I'm sleeping a lot better. So since, so far, this is looking like a better long term solution for me, I will be following the SparkPeople plan. And we will see where it takes me.
So take note: this is my before picture
photo taken by Whitney Scott Photography
I think I will check in monthly and let y'all know how it's going. I'm not turning this into a weight loss blog...this is all about the sweets here. But I thought I would bring you all along on this journey with me. Maybe I'll be more likely to stick to it if i know hundreds of people are watching. Haha!!
(And no, no one paid me to write this. I really am loving the website and the support I am getting over there. If you want to give it a shot use me as a rec. My sparkpeople screen name is Alibeebu. We can do it together. )