Saturday, May 7, 2011

Kentucky Derby Day!!

Saturday, May 7, 2011
So today is the 137th Run Of The Roses!  Yes indeed, the Kentucky Derby....

Oh please...you know I made cookies for this.



Just a few of the jockey silks worn today.  Brilliant Speed (the black, white, and red one) suffered a fate at the swift and sneaky hands of a two year old who didn't listen when her mother said "STOP!".  *sigh*  We think Sophie might know something that we don't.....place your bets accordingly....according to the cookie thief that is my toddler.

I won't be betting...yeah sure the horses are there but we women know what this day is really about.

Drinking


Wearing a fabulous hat


So who's your money on this year??

9 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow! Those hats are stunning!

The enchanted home said...

The jockey shirt cookies, the mint julep cookies and the hat cookies are the cutest I have ever seen!!!!!! Soooo talented!!! WOW! I may want to feature these with a link to your site in my "things I am loving Thursday post" next Thursday...these are fabulous!

Debbie said...

I love the ladies with the hats. Such beautiful details!

amalia said...

These are just stunning!! Can't decide which are my favorite! The details of the rose and the beautiful hats....just amazing!!!

Paula said...

What a stunning collection of cookies! You blow me away with your decorating talents and those hats! Each are one is as spectacular as the next!

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Hi Alison!

Do you sell these derby theme cookies? I need to purchase a dozen or so.
Yours are by far THE best out there! Hands down!

Please contact me and let me know at thepolohouse@comcast.net

Thanks so much!
Alison S.

Sherri said...

Oh, my goodness! These cookies are absolutely beautiful! I sure could use some for my Kentucky Derby party. I know you are not currently selling cookies, but will you be selling your cookies in the future? I am very much interested.

Sherri said...

Oh, my goodness! Your derby cookies are absolutely beautiful! I sure could use them for my Kentucky Derby party. I know you are not currently selling your cookies, but will you be selling them in the future? I am most definitely interested.

The Sandtray Coach said...

You are an artist.

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios