Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Poop Story

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ah my darling  little angel. Adorable perfect little ray of love and sunshine...

Yes

But let's face it folks.  Little girls (even perfect ones) Poop.

There I said it.  The secret is out.  (Just in case you were in denial)

So night before last my husband and I are going through the usual evening routine.  Sitting down to a family dinner together.  Sophie throwing food off the tray to the dog below her.  The dog snarfing it up getting even fatter than she is....A sure sign that dinner is over.

So it's off to take a bath.  She loves bath time.  It's her favorite (Well almost.  She enjoys the park a lot more).  David puts her in the bath and I start cleaning the table off.  When suddenly I hear "ALI!  POOOOOP!!"  I run to the bathroom to find that Sophie has pooped in the tub.  David had immediately removed her from the bath and she was sitting on the floor screaming because he wouldn't let her back in to play in the water.  So I snatched her up and took her to "Mommy and Daddy's tub" and proceeded to place her in it and turn on the faucet.  She's delighted and happy once more and crouches down to play with the running water.

*PLOP*

She poops again! So Mommy has to take her crying child out of the fun bathtub once again.

I didn't have too many places to take her.  She had a poopy bottom.  Dave was indisposed trying to clean up the last poopy mess.  She was crying and flailing to be set free.  If I put her down on the carpet she will either run back into the bathroom, where my husband now had the Clorox disinfecting the tub, or she would sit on something with her poopy bottom.

So I took her out to the back porch.  I figured she's still young enough that naked in semi public isn't a crime.  And she loves being outside so that would buy me enough time to run and get a wipe for her bottom.  So she stopped crying and crouched on the floor to play with the toy that was already out there from a previous outdoor adventure.  And then.....

*sigh*

She pooped on the porch.

Ok at this point bath time just isn't going to happen.  So I wiped her bottom with the wipe I managed to grab before she soiled the patio.  And took her in her room and slapped a diaper on her.  And you know what?  She didn't poop at all after that.  It's like she was waiting to be diaper free to get it all out.  So now there is poop in 3 of the 7 areas of our apartment.

And to top it off.  While I was putting pajamas on her, David went to clean up the poop from the porch.  When he got out there I heard him cry "ALI!  DID YOU CLEAN UP THE POOP OFF THE PATIO?"  Uh No.  When did I have time to do that??

Later he tells me that he went outside and there was no poop.  Just a brown streak on the pavement and a happy dog.  He swears the dog burped.

Dogs eat poop.  Great.

Last night we were very careful to give her ample time after dinner to poop in her diaper before bath time.

Being a mom never gets old. :)

4 comments:

Don and Jillian said...

Madison has been pooping in the bathtub lately too. We grab her when we see it coming and set her on the toilet. One of us just kind of holds her there until she's done while the other cleans out the tub. We wipe her bottom with TP, and put her back in the tub to finish up the bath. So far she seems to be a pretty good sport about it. Of course the whole time we're cracking up laughing, so Madison will probably grow up thinking poop is funny. Oh well. :)

Alison said...

hahaha!! Don't all children think poop is funny? That's a good idea tho about putting her on the toilet. It's like an early introduction to potty training! I think the next time there is a poop emergency we might just do that. Thanks! :)

The Pennington Point said...

That is hilarious...we have all been there for sure! But the dog eating the poop...that one never happened to me. I don't know whether to laugh or be grossed out. :) Lisa~

SweetSugarBelle said...

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios